Van technisch handelsbureau tot partners in slijtvaste onderdelen
For Geha it all started on the Keizersgracht in Amsterdam in 1952. There, founder Gerard Hinse traded in brake pads and chains. After the North Sea flood of 1953, the developing company was helpful in quickly supplying equipment and spare parts for draglines and bulldozers.
In the early nineteen sixties, Geha moved to new premises in Sloten. In 1991, it finally settled at its current location in Zaandam. At the initiative of current CEO Theo van Schie, who has been with the company since 1980, the first oxy-fuel cutting machine was installed in 1998.
Op initiatief van de huidige CEO Theo van Schie, die sinds 1980 bij het bedrijf werkzaam is, werd in 1998 de eerste autogeen snijmachine geïnstalleerd.
Not without success.
Today, Geha, with more than eighteen hundred customers ranging from agro-technical to offshore companies, is the leading supplier of wear-resistant products made from Hardox material. In Zaandam, the company has more than eight thousand square meters of shop floor where thirty-seven professionals work together every day.
Doekle Laverman set up his Technical Trading Office for Industry and Contracting in Zandvoort in 1949. Whereas the company was initially engaged in the design and construction of vessels and materials for the stone industry, Laverman later concentrated on components. At the time Laverman advised Dutch Railways on bedding material for rails.
After a takeover in 1986, Laverman stepped down as a shareholder and, under the management of Henk Willeger, the company increasingly concentrated on supplying parts for raw materials processing installations. Because the successful representation of Magotteaux and Ludwig Krieger required significantly larger storage space, it moved to Alphen aan den Rijn. In the period 1998-2008, Laverman also had its own factory of conveyor belts in Borne, Overijssel.
In 2001, Laverman moved to its current location on the Alphen Distributieweg. The company now has over fifteen hundred square meters of office and storage space and counts seventeen employees, including Paul de Grijs and Erik Bloot as directors and shareholders.
In mid-2013 Geha and Laverman decided to join forces and work together. This makes Geha Laverman BV the largest Hardox Wearparts Center in the world.